Professional trade organization for small cosmetics manufacturers and the companies that supply raw materials and supplies to them.
Break All The Rules, Build
Your Own Corporate Ladder and Create
The Life You Love!
The most complete listing of educational, raw materials and packaging suppliers on the 'Net.
A - G
H - M
N - S
T - Z
Vanilla Orange Body Scrub
submitted by Monica
If you have a question or comment about this recipe, please post it in the Comments Section below! Also, to discuss recipes and questions with others, use our Forum!!
This is a body scrub I made up with ingredients that most anyone has on hand. The essential oils are optional. Everyone who has tried it loves it, enjoy!
- In a large mixing bowl, combin the sugar and salt using a spatula.
- Zest the orange, then finely chop the zest. Set aside.
- Add the oil a little at a time, stirring after each addition. Add enough oil to make a spreadable paste that will easily glide over your skin.
- Add the zest, then the essential oil (if using) and stir. Add the vanilla extract last and stir again.
- I warm up the bathroom by turning on the shower for about 5 minutes and/or using a small space heater and allowing the bathroom to become nice and warm before using the scrub. Be careful as the scrub makes your shower or tub very slippery!
- Get into shower and wet your skin all over, turn off the shower (this is why it is nice to have bathroom nice and warm). Use the scrub all over except on sensitive area such as face, freshly shaved legs, etc. If you use it before your shave, it gives you a smoother shave. Massage your entire body gently allowing the oil to soak in. Pay special attention to knees, elbows and feet. Enjoy your silky, smooth, sweet smelling skin, then slip into your favorite jammies. Enjoy!
"Sounds wonderful... I must try it!"
Submitted by: cschuldt
"my comment is that it sounds delitous (sorry if that is spelled wrong) and i cant wait to make it and try it"
Submitted by: meg22
"I made a big batch of this for a lady's foot pamper night and then gave them each some to take home. The scent was yummy and the scrub worked great too!"
Submitted by: superstar-h
"good scrub...but using cooking extract? essential oils is a must for the best quality."
Submitted by: elaine4
Add a comment
Only registered users may rate recipes. Please login to rate this recipe.
If you are not a registered user, register here. Registration is fast, easy, and free!
Note to IBN Members: If you are a member of the Indie Beauty Network, you are already a registered user. You may login using your IBN username and password. Don't know your IBN username and password? Find it here.
Intellectual Property Ownership Statement. ©2000-2009. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. All rights are reserved. US Library of Congress ISSN 1530-9630. The Indie Beauty Network is a division of Indie Business Media, LLC. The Indie Beauty Network, the Indie Beauty Network logo, the Indie Experience, Indie Business Media, Indie Business Radio, Indie Business Conference, Indie Business Magazine and all related trade and brand names, graphics and logos are the registered trademarks or trademarks of Indie Business Media, LLC.
Web site designed, hosted, and maintained by Fallen Muse WebWorks.