Professional trade organization for small cosmetics manufacturers and the companies that supply raw materials and supplies to them.
Break All The Rules, Build
Your Own Corporate Ladder and Create
The Life You Love!
The most complete listing of educational, raw materials and packaging suppliers on the 'Net.
A - G
H - M
N - S
T - Z
Lemon Buttermilk Facial Scrub & Mask
submitted by HTN President Donna Maria
If you have a question or comment about this recipe, please post it in the Comments Section below! Also, to discuss recipes and questions with others, use our Forum!!
This skin loving blend of ingredients, with Vitamin C and lemon myrtle essential oil, is a fabulous scrub and mask for normal to oily skin.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, buttermilk, clay and almonds. In a separate bowl, combine the rose hydrosol, citric acid and Irish moss.
- Place the water mixture in a double boiler and heat until the citric acid is dissolved. Stir it gentle to make sure. The Irish moss will not dissolve, but it will disperse so stir it to make sure is is mixed in well. Remove from heat.
- Pour a bit of the dry ingredients into the water mixture to mix thoroughly. Then pour that mixture into the rest of the dry ingredients and stir to combine and remove all lumps.
- Add essential oil last and stir to incorporate.
- For best results, allow this product to stand for about 1/2 hour before using to allow it to thicken a bit. To use, apply a thin layer of Lemon Buttermilk Facial Scrub & Mask to clean face and neck area. Scrub in if you''d like, or just leave a layer on your skin for about 10 minutes while you relax.
- Rinse well with warm water and pat excess water from face. Apply toner and moisturizer as usual.
- This products must be stored in the refrigerator and should be used within a week. Enjoy!!
No comments. Be the first to comment!
Only registered users may rate recipes. Please login to rate this recipe.
If you are not a registered user, register here. Registration is fast, easy, and free!
Note to IBN Members: If you are a member of the Indie Beauty Network, you are already a registered user. You may login using your IBN username and password. Don't know your IBN username and password? Find it here.
Intellectual Property Ownership Statement. ©2000-2009. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. All rights are reserved. US Library of Congress ISSN 1530-9630. The Indie Beauty Network is a division of Indie Business Media, LLC. The Indie Beauty Network, the Indie Beauty Network logo, the Indie Experience, Indie Business Media, Indie Business Radio, Indie Business Conference, Indie Business Magazine and all related trade and brand names, graphics and logos are the registered trademarks or trademarks of Indie Business Media, LLC.
Web site designed, hosted, and maintained by Fallen Muse WebWorks.