Professional trade organization for small cosmetics manufacturers and the companies that supply raw materials and supplies to them.
Break All The Rules, Build
Your Own Corporate Ladder and Create
The Life You Love!
The most complete listing of educational, raw materials and packaging suppliers on the 'Net.
A - G
H - M
N - S
T - Z
Creamy Oatmeal M&P bar
submitted by Susan Stamerra
If you have a question or comment about this recipe, please post it in the Comments Section below! Also, to discuss recipes and questions with others, use our Forum!!
A creamy, luxurious oatmeal melt & pour (M&P) bar.
- Melt the opaque M&P soap in a double boiler until fully melted. Do not let it get too hot.
- Allow the soap to cool slightly, just until it forms a thin skin on the top.
- Quickly add colorant and fragrance, and stir slightly. Be careful not to stir too much, as this will cause air bubbles to form, and the soap will cool too fast.
- When the soap starts to thicken to a "runny pudding" consistency, add the and stir gently.
- Pour into desired molds or loaf pan.
- Allow soap to cool completely - several hours or overnight. Unmold, and trim or slice as desired.
- Most oatmeal will settle to one side of the soap using the method described in Step 4. That is, adding the oats when the soap is a "runny pudding" consistency will cause the oats to settle down to the bottom of the mold, giving a layered effect. If more consistent dispersion throughout the soap of the oatmeal is desired, allow the soap to cool to a thicker consistency before adding oatmeal. Stir gently and then pour into molds or loaf pan.
No comments. Be the first to comment!
Only registered users may rate recipes. Please login to rate this recipe.
If you are not a registered user, register here. Registration is fast, easy, and free!
Note to IBN Members: If you are a member of the Indie Beauty Network, you are already a registered user. You may login using your IBN username and password. Don't know your IBN username and password? Find it here.
Intellectual Property Ownership Statement. ©2000-2009. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. All rights are reserved. US Library of Congress ISSN 1530-9630. The Indie Beauty Network is a division of Indie Business Media, LLC. The Indie Beauty Network, the Indie Beauty Network logo, the Indie Experience, Indie Business Media, Indie Business Radio, Indie Business Conference, Indie Business Magazine and all related trade and brand names, graphics and logos are the registered trademarks or trademarks of Indie Business Media, LLC.
Web site designed, hosted, and maintained by Fallen Muse WebWorks.